210LB PERSONAL BEST

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

160lb Mekong no match for the Shimano Stella 20000

I have just returned from an exciting GT fishing trip in the Andaman Islands with fishing buddies Richard and Colin . I had been talking about [no not bragging] the great Mekong fishing I had experienced in early October.
I will know better next time as on arrival I got blanked for the first 3 days running. ..OUCH!!!!!! I was getting quite frustrated to say the least .
Later after a few beers i looked up at my surroundings and reminded myself that I was fishing in paradise :)even if I was fishless.



Things looked up the next day when i landed this 160lb fish ,.



I wanted to see how the Shimano Stella would handle these big fish .. No problem for the Stella that's for sure . The drag system is absolutely awesome.... The only problem is that the Stella is not built specifically for this type of fishing and doesnt have a bait runner .

So if you use your Stella for Mekongs WATCH OUT!!!! or your pricey reel could be in the drink...
This advice comes from someone who is still missing a few rods and reels even with bait runners.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment